When is the right time to sell your home?
Some people make the decision once the market looks good for sellers. Others do so out of necessity or expediency.
Be reminded, however, that real estate is as fickle as the weather, and you need more than just wind direction to guide you to a sound decision.
5 signs that tell you it’s time
Here are some crucial indicators you should go by before making that decision:
- You are out of debt and have emergency savings to last you several months. It’s important to check your finances first. If you have been consistently taking care of your money, then that’s a good indication that you’re ready for a new property.
- You’ve just been reassigned by your boss to another city. A change in circumstance, like moving someplace else to work or study, may necessitate the sale of your current home – especially if you’re bringing your family with you. Or perhaps you and your spouse are empty nesters, and would like a more compact place to live.
- You are financially ready to move out and replace old memories with new ones in your new home. That means additional investment on improvements to make your new home conducive to new memories.
- You are emotionally equipped to handle changes resulting from your decision to sell. Moving to a different home does not just entail financial preparations; you have to make sure it’s what you really want.
- You know who to talk to about your real estate concerns. It’s always important to have a trusted expert to consult. An agent or a Realtor will provide you with accurate and up-to-date information on the condition of the market and the status of the house you have just put on the market.
Consult with Leo Nordine now for your questions about real estate in California!